Sunday, May 28, 2017

Wonderful Week.

This week while waiting for Sister Bartlett to be done with a dentist appointment with one of the Missionaries, I came across a gentleman who said that Joseph Smith was a devil and that I worked for the devil. I know that sometimes I don't do the right things but to say I worked for the devil was kind of harsh. I just had to smile at him and tell him I loved him and to have a nice day. He followed me around for a while yelling at me. Sometimes people are not Christian like.
We decided to go with another Senior Couple to get some dinner and we ended up at the night market in Papatoetoe in the car park underneath Kmart. We had some Chinese food that looked better than it tasted.
We just couldn't pass up a mango smoothie. Sister Bartlett had the banana mango smoothie.
It is really an international country. At the night market we happened upon a Hungarian Fried Bread stand. Now my Grandmother was Hungarian, and she fed us cabbage rolls and sauerkraut, but I don't remember any fried bread. They also had Spanish Churros, American donuts, squid on a stick, and kebabs.
We spent our Saturday Preparation day with the association of LDS doctors in New Zealand. There were also students who would soon become doctors. This was organized by the Area office and Elder Cardon, an area authority seventy, spoke briefly to them. We had a good time getting to know them.
Also on Saturday, our Ward had a baptism of a young man and his cousin. The missionaries helped to teach him since his family is not active. They created this cute backdrop to take pictures. One of the Sisters is from Tahiti and the other is from India.
Here in New Zealand every event seems to involve a dinner. The kids favorite of course is the pizza. There were many wonderful foods and desserts which keep putting on the pounds (kilograms).
Sister Bartlett was having fun talking to three little princesses who were enjoying sucking on lollies.
We tried to get a picture in the backdrop that was set up and two of the little princesses decided they wanted a picture with us.
Again to close out this blog, I wanted you to see some of the beauty of New Zealand. Remember it is fall here and next month will be winter, yet certain varieties of flowers are growing great. This flower is about six inches across and I am sure will turn out to be beautiful. We have several pictures of trees and the leaves are not falling, but there are flower petals all over the ground. It is a beautiful fall and winter coming on.
Love you all, Elder and Sister Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment